Saturday, February 24, 2007

Day 55 - The Saga Continues


Day 55 - Totally defying gravity and clinging to my ceiling since New Years Eve, the balloon still floats. "I thought it would have given up the ghost a week after the New Year began, shows you what I know," I was quoted as thinking. How I resisted sucking the precious gas into my lungs to speak like a munchkin for the delight of my friends and neighbors immediately following the Midnight festivities still remains a mystery in itself. Stay posted this could in fact be a worlds record.

Stretcher Strip Heaven


My good friend, Artist Kathryn to my benefit began her spring cleaning early this year. After years of moving a box full of 24" stretcher strips around her house, she decided to part with them. It was me or Goodwill, "are you kidding, sure I'll take them'!" Now, what to do with them? hmmm... I have this idea... (to be continued...)

The Long Way Home

...and finally, my latest work. Titled "The Long Way Home" This is a route I take to avoid traffic on Holcomb Bridge Rd from time to time. Beautiful stretch of road with bike/running/walking paths along the Chattahoochee River in Roswell. Oil on canvas, 40" x 30" part of a continuing series of paintings. Light breaking through a dark wooded area, creating somewhat of a tunnel vision effect.

No comments: